What We Do
The Society for Science at User Research Facilities (SSURF) spotlights, connects and champions the brilliant scientists, discoveries and resources within our nation's User Research Facilities.
We Share the Best Practices and Brilliant Research at the Nation's User Research Facilities
The Society for Science at User Research Facilities provides educational reports, webinars, newsletters and online gatherings (due to COVID-19) based on the key issues facing User Research Facilities across the United States.
Members benefit from participation in SSURF’s congressional outreach activities, coordination between facilities and funding agencies on issues of common interest, and engagement with SSURF’s network of users and user facilities.
Through our active Board of Directors, Volunteer Committees and our Executive Director we pursue these primary activities:
- Educate federal elected officials, federal agency leaders and policy makers about the purpose and value of user facilities.
- Education and outreach to the user community.
- Provide third-party validation of user science via spotlights, awards and similar highlighting of user successes.
- Coordination among facilities for benchmarking, best practices, and operational improvement.
- Coordination of activities with/among academic and private sector users.