You don’t have to travel anywhere except your computer to view the world-class science and research facilities at the U.S. Department of Energy National Laboratories. Located all across the country, these Laboratories are offering virtual tours and conversations with their experts on staff to give you access to the work these labs do on the behalf of the Nation to break the boundaries of innovation and scientific knowledge.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory has 11 virtual tours on its campus map, each with multiple views to show floor plans, rotating dollhouse views and 360-degree navigation.
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory offers 360 degree virtual tours of the facility’s 3D printing labs and the world’s biggest laser at the National Ignition Facility.
- At Fermilab you can fly across and take a look at the enormous NOvA neutrino detector or go inside a neutrino detector with the VENu app.
- Brookhaven National Laboratory offers Virtual Classroom Field Trips.
- 360 degree virtual tours are available for several Idaho National Laboratory facilities, like the Experimental Breeder Reactor.