SSURF Board of Directors Nominations Now Being Accepted
Deadline: September 30, 2021
Board Nominations Form
The Society for Science at User Research Facilities is seeking nominations for the Board of Directors. All members and supporters of SSURF are eligible to be nominated. Deadline September 30, 2021.
Terms for Directors are 3 years, beginning in November 2021. including opportunities to lead subcommittees and participate as an officer on the Board Executive Committee. A primary responsibility of each Board Director is to participate in the development of policy and strategic decision-making. Another key responsibility is to be active on an ongoing basis in a subcommittee of the Board. Also, Directors are expected to participate in Board meetings held virtually for an hour each month.
For further details, please contact us here.
Along with our ongoing activities, additional goals for 2022 include:
- expanding our online resources and frequency of short virtual meetings among Users – including engagement with political, business and civic leaders
- returning to in-person visits – with focused agendas – as COVID protocols allow
- participating in national conferences to spotlight members
- engaging more User representatives
- Working on cross-facility standards (i.e. FAIR, training reciprocity, DOIs) to help streamline User and Facility efficacy
Our Board of Directors will play a central role in this important work.