The Society for Science at User Research Facilities is seeking nominations for the Board of Directors. Deadline September 15, 2022.
Terms for Directors are 3 years, beginning in November 2022. including opportunities to lead subcommittees and participate as an officer on the Board Executive Committee. A primary responsibility of each Board Director is to participate in the development of policy and strategic decision-making. Another key responsibility is to be active on an ongoing basis in a subcommittee of the Board. Also, Directors are expected to participate in Board meetings held virtually for an hour each month.
Along with our ongoing activities, additional goals for 2023 include:
- expanding our online resources and frequency of short virtual meetings among Users – including engagement with political, business and civic leaders
- returning to in-person visits – with focused agendas – as COVID protocols allow
- participating in national conferences to spotlight members
- engaging more User representatives
- Working on cross-facility standards (i.e. FAIR, training reciprocity, DOIs) to help streamline User and Facility efficacy
You can see our current Board members here.
Our Board of Directors will play a central role in this important work, your interest is appreciated!
For more information email email@example.com.